Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Missionary Leader

After much encouragement and a little foot dragging on my part I am jumping off the cliff into the world of blogging. I am committed to writing my thoughts about a subject I feel passionately about and that is the Missionary Leader. The Church, which has been my life long companion and place of vocation has taught me alot about leadership. Great, good, bad, ugly....gifted, appointed, self taught, assumed, inappropriate....I have seen it all in action. I have also witnessed the fruits and fall out of leadership. I guess when someone finally reaches the milestone of six decades on earth they have the right to claim they have gained some wisdom. I will seek to humbly and faithfully share this wisdom about missionary leadership as I have come to experience it through others and my personal journey. Along the way I will strive to incorporate what it means to foster missionary congregations. All for the sake of the Gospel, the only real reason to be about this work in the first place. Won't you join me in this journey?
I will strive to post something new each Monday. So come along, let me know what you think, lets see what we can do to raise the bar for missionary leaders in the Church.

4 comments:

  1. Great! Welcome to the blogasphere! I will look forward to reading your comments.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary!
    (finally someone with something worth reading)
    <><
    Hoss
    http://themotherchurchoftexas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    I look forward to your work and insight.
    Jim+

    http://jimliberatore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Mary Mac! I hope all your readers are as open as you are! Jim Abernathey

    ReplyDelete